Mountain Flying Course
This 5 hour course comprises of one hour of classroom briefing and four hours of flying amongst the Highlands finest scenery.
This will give you a comprehensive introduction to flying around the beautiful and wild Scottish mountains.
Mountain flying allows pilots to reach new and exciting destinations while providing adventures and challenges. If you're feeling that you need a new challenge and want to learn a little more then this is the course for you.
This is an intensive and exhilarating course including vital handling and captaincy skills.
The course includes;
- Decision making
- Contour flying
- Valley turns and positioning
- Saddle crossings (Navigating mountain divides)
- White-out (Dealing with snow conditions and extreme weather)
- Sun/Valley shadows (Navigating and understanding false horizons)
- Weather Interaction (Understanding Mountain wind effects)
- Short Field operations
The Mountain Flying Course can be purchased for members or non-members but the recipient must either be training towards a PPL or have at least a PPL qualification.
Add to Basket